I found a wonderful tutorial on Pinterest with a pattern for a men’s tie. I tentatively used the tutorial and pattern to make Joe a tie for Christmas. I was very pleased with the results.
These are the materials I used. The liner for the tie was from a skirt that is now too short for me to wear. The tie material is leftover from the reupholstering project I did a few months ago.
The pattern worked well and I’m glad I had it for the process. The tutorial had detailed instructions as well.
The last part was sewn by hand and took the longest, though it was not terribly difficult.
Here is the end result. I couldn’t wait for Joe to open it on Christmas.